garbanzo salad ingredients
Preview content in text :
• Garbanzos (1/2 cup) fresh or in a can
• Olive Oil (2 Tbsp)
• Red Wine Vinegar (1 Tbsp)
• Lemon/Lime Zest – ¼ lime/lemon grate the peel
• Sliced Vegetables:
o Cucumber (1/2 medium)
o Colorful Peppers (1/4 mixed)
o Tomato (1 medium)
• Parsley or Cilantro – a little chopped
Use freshly cooked garbanzos (leave dried beans the day before in a bowl of water and
then boil or slow cook the next day in water or broth) or in a can (check low sodium or
organic if you have a preference or specific need). Cool garbanzos and set aside.
Chop all vegetables, diced or cubed or thinly sliced- by hand or with a mini chopper.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and vinegar together, and drizzle in the oil to make
an emulsion. Add the lime zest, and salt, and pepper, to taste.
To assemble the salad: In a medium salad bowl, mix the garbanzos, with all the
vegetables and top with the dressing: oil, vinegar and/or lemon and salt/pepper.
• Greek Yogurt
• Berries: blueberries and strawberries
• Nuts: Handful of walnuts or pistachio of pecans
• You can also substitute nuts for your favorite cold whole grain cereal
• Honey – optional (to drizzle on top)
Slice strawberries or other berries or fruit.
In a glass cup or container, layer sliced berries, nuts or cereal with yogurt.
This can be a snack or as breakfast.
SALMON WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
• 4–5-ounce salmon
• 1 medium zucchini
• 1 small carrot
• 1 red pepper
• 1 small onion
• Fresh garlic and/or fresh ginger
• 5-7 cremini mushrooms (or ½ cup of another mushroom that you prefer)
• Balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 Lemon
• 1 Tsp Salt
• 1/2 Tsp Pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice all veggies and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and
spices, minced garlic and/or ginger.
On a baking sheet, add aluminum foil and sprinkle with olive oil. Season the salmon
with spices, salt and pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
Add vegetables and salmon to the baking sheet and allow to cook for 20 minutes